Monday, August 3, 2009

WG's and CVS

Day 1 of my challenge and I'm already starting to feel a little nervous only because I really want to stock up on roast at Safeway for $1.77/lb and chicken will be on sale for $1.67/lb starting Wed. I need to replenish my stockpile as much as I can with these deals.

I stopped in at WG's before work today since I was a little early. I was excited to see that they had their photo stamps clearanced out to $7.59 from $30! I have read that these are on clearance but the only other one's I saw were still $14.99. That's cheaper than buying them at the Post Office, and you get to have any photo you choose put on them with free shipping. I also took advantage of the Unilever RR deal.
1st transaction:
8- Ragu pasta sauce @$2 = $16 - (4) $1/2 q from here (keep hitting the back button fo unlimited prints!) or use Ragu Pasta Sauce, any $1/2 (9-27-09) RP-8/2
Total = $12 Plus I earned a $10 RR for buying 8 items.

2nd transaction:
2 - Photo stamp kits @ $7.59
- $10 RR
Total = $5.52

Don't know what a RR is? Check out this explanation.

CVS
1st transaction:
Lemonade and Simply Orange Vitamin water @ $1.25 ea
1 CVS popcorn
2 strawberry & peanut butter M&M's clearanced @ $.22 ea
- $4 EB (adjusted to $3.96)
Total = $0 OOP!
+ I earned $3 EB for buying the Vitamin water and I got my free gift coupon for a 4 pack of batteries. These happen to be on sale B1G1F so next time I go I will get 2 packs FREE! I read about the Vitamin water producing $3 EB on SlickDeals. That means that you pay $1.25 for the Vitamin water and get back $3! Sounds like a $1.75 MM to me! It only works on certain flavors and it only gives you one no matter how many you buy in a single transaction.

2nd transaction:
1 Lemonade Vitamin water @ $1.25
1 Skippy peanut butter @ $2
- $3 EB from previous transaction
Total = $.25 OOP
+ I earned $3 EB for buying the Vitamin water

3rd transaction:
1 Simply orange Vitamin water @ $1.25
1 Skippy peanut butter @ $2
- $3 EB from previous transaction
Total = $.25 OOP
The EB from this transaction didn't print, I guess becase the Simply orange doesn't make it print. My receipt did say that I had not reached the offer limit so the manager checking me out manually printed the EB. This is a great new thing that they are able to do at CVS now so if your EB doesn't print say something and they can make it print for you.

I also got rainchecks for all the Back 2 School items that are free after EB (FAEB) as well as the Blink eye drops and Electrasol dishwashing tabs.

Budget: $40 - $12 - $5.52 - $.25- $.25 = $22 for the rest of the week.

1 comment:

Karen @ Desert Chica Ramblings said...

Great job at CVS! I hate the lack of stock at CVS sometimes though. Honestly, if its going to be free like the school supplies and blink, they really should have more. I do love their rainchecks since they don't expire, but half the time I forget to get one!