Sunday, August 30, 2009

Once Again, Target and FINALLY WG's!


For some reason my husband just LOVES going to Target! I know it's a cool store and great deals and all (not that he's looking for free items or anything, but he just loves it!) Anyway, so yesterday we went over there just to look around I ended up getting some more q deals, and some things I wouldn't normally buy because he was with me!

12 Skittles @ $.52 - (12) $1 Target q (I got overage on each one of these)
4 J&J Safety q-tips @ $1.29 - (4) $1 Target q
1 J&J Baby wash @ $2.19 - $1 Target q and $1 mq
2 Gerber bottles @ $.99 - (2) $1 Target q
1 baby fingernail clippers @ $1.49
2 muffins @ $1.29
1.12 lb bananas @ .50/lb - $.50 Target q
1 soda @ $1.49
Cream of Wheat @ $3.44 (wasn't prepared to be buying this but DH requested it. He's been better about eating breakfast at home so I don't mind buying it. In the end it saves us a lot!)

Total = $6.82
I was just looking at my receipt thinking my total was high. It looks like he didn't scan my 2 Gerber coupons. I'll be taking in my receipt for that and either returning the bottles or having them give me credit for the coupons. So, actual total is $4.82.

I also had DH drop me off at a WG's near his parent's hoping I'd be lucky and find some Huggie's wipes. I was so excited to see some on the shelves!

WG's:
8 tubs Huggie's Wipes @ $3.29 - (8) $1.50 IP - $16 from Back 2 School booklet
Index cards @ 1.69
Total - $2.26 (all in tax!)

Remaining budget: $5.74 - $4.82 -$2.26 = - $1.34

I went over budget, dang it!

Looking back at my week there area a few things I could have done differently:
- Obviously having DH with me at Target didn't help, but it was fun to spend time together.
- My Albie's trip was a bust and I picked up a few things thinking I would get overage again on the Skittles but the cashier adjusted them. I should have had her take a few items off at that time, but oh well, we'll still use them.
- I know I am going to get a $10 Kellogg's rebate on the Pop Tarts and 2 free movie tickets so that purchase is actually a money maker
- The biggest expense for the week was getting my ink refilled so I could print those fabulous Target q's! I'm looking for a cheaper way to do this. Where do you buy your ink??

No comments: