Tuesday, August 11, 2009

WG's, CVS, Fry's

Sorry my posting has been a little slow, I'm trying to get ready to leave tomorrow for my sister's wedding so I most likely won't be posting while I'm gone. I did get to hit up a couple of this week's sales though.

WG's

4 Easy Mac cups @ $1 - $1/4 q from Back 2 School book* and (2) $1/2 IP
4 BIC pens @ 2/$1 - (2) $1/2 mq (These were donated)
Total = $1.17

*The IP's beeped when the cashier scanned them. I later looked at my receipt and saw that the $1/4 Back 2 School coupon rang up as a manufacture coupon. This means they should not be used with other manufacture coupons. It was assumed that this was a store coupon since it didn't say manufacture coupon and also because this book is exclusive to WG's. Having said that, the fact that this is a manufacture coupon means it could be used at other stores, however YMMV. There is a high value $2 Huggies wipes 64+ ct. coupon on it.

CVS

1st order:
2 Huggies diapers @ $9 ea
2 Protractors, raincheck item to $1.50 (These were donated)
2 Flex rulers, raincheck item to $.99
4 candy bars @ 2/$1 (needed for fillers)
- $4/$20 from pharmacy for asking about ReadyFill
- (2) $3 Huggie's coupons
- $1/2 candy bar mq
- $14 EB
Total $.45
+ I received $4 EB for Huggies and $5 EB for school supplies

2nd order
1 Contour glucose monitor @ $14.99
1 Revlon mineral makeup @ $9.99
2 Huggie's diapers @ $9 ea
- $4/$20
- $2 Revlon
- $30 Contour*
- $5 EB
Total: $4.47
+ I received $5 for Contour and $9.99 for Revlon

* My CVS card was on the counter from the previous order. The cashier must not have scanned it until after ringing up my purchases because if that is done the discounts aren't taken off each individual item but rather in a lump sum at the end. So then when he scanned my Contour q for up to $30 off it took the whole $30 off instead of having him adjust the discount to the $14.99 sale price of the item. This put my total at -$14.xx. I kind of had to think fast and the other 2 packages of diapers were sitting there so I had him scan 2 of them to bring me back to a positive total and then I ran back and got a couple more packs. I'm not complaining, I can always use more diapers! I didn't think though about the other $1.50 Huggies coupons I had with me which would have brought my total to $1.xx!! Oh well! Maybe if I have time I'll take them in.

Fry's
Went in today for the last day of the chicken sale
6 packages BLSL chicken @ $1.67
4 cans tuna @ 2/$1
1 carton eggs @ $.89
- $3/$15 meat purchase I got in a pack of Fry's coupons that was mailed to me
- $5 catalina from the crazy cereal deal
Total: $12.67

My new budget for this week is $40 + $5.68 rollover from last week starts me at $45.68 - $1.17 - $.45 - $4.47 - $12.67= $26.92

No comments: