Sunday, August 30, 2009

I Have To Apologize....

....for my poor attitude in this post! I really am so excited to share deals that I find and am grateful to others who share their deals too! My biggest goal for this blog is to help others save money through couponing and finding deals as I know what a great blessing that has been to our family. Having said that, if you've ever had high hopes of being able to get a deal and spent time getting coupons and everything in order, loaded up the kids in 110+ degrees and walked in only to find empty shelves you can understand my FRUSTRATION (thanks, Shannon, for understanding!). So, I've been thinking about this and a few things I could have done differently to avoid that.

- Shop early. I shouldn't have waited until the last day of the sale! I had an opportunity earlier in the week to stop by Albies and I put it off. (I did stop by WG's twice before and they were out every time). Also, try to get in on monthly deals early. A month may seem like a long time but goes by way too fast!
- Know what day your store gets their shipment. That way you can get there on the day they have stocked and hopefully find what you are looking for.
- Go to more than one store. If you are in the habit of only shopping at the store closest to your home, work, etc., stop by a different one the next time you are out. You may be surprised at how one store may be completely out of something and another store is well stocked. You may also notice price differences. The WG's by my house and the one by my work had a $1 difference in the price of the wipes!
- Remember that when an item is put on clearance when it's gone, it's gone. If you're unable to find a clearanced item the only thing we can do is be happy for the lucky person that got a good deal (and then go to the next store to try and find some :)
- Plan ahead. You can see the upcoming sales ads at iheartwags, iheartcvs, and iheartriteaid. Also PYP has been getting ad preview for grocery stores (at least in AZ). Use these previews to plan and get your coupons ready.
- If all else fails, ask for a raincheck! (The only exception to this is with WG's and their RR.) I have had good luck at CVS with getting a raincheck and then waiting until a $x/$xx coupon comes out to redeem it and get an even better deal.

No comments: