Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Safeway and Albies

I just glanced at the ads before we left last week and didn't realize the deals Albies was having! This afternoon as I was getting ready to go I checked over at Pinching Your Pennies and saw the awesome BTFE deals so I gathered my coupons and the kids and headed over there. Of course they were out of most things, but that's okay! I've got rain checks now. Who knows, maybe they'll double coupons in the next month which would be SWEET! (I apologize for not being good at taking pictures, I was in a hurry to get things put away tonight!)

Safeway:
4- 1 pt blueberries @ $.99
Total = $3.98, used gift card so $0 OOP

I picked up some pamphlets at the checkout that say "Help Abbey Beat Muscular Dystrophy". There are a lot of great coupons in here, although most of them do say 'Do Not Double' and start with a '9' so they won't double. Still is a great way to build up your coupons. There is also a q for FREE any Freshpet Product 1 lb or smaller. I don't have a pet, but these are good to use to donate or even build up your order to use a $x/$xx coupon.

Albies:
6 boxes Hamburger Helper @ $.79 - (2) $.75/3 mq
1 gal milk @ $1.99
1/2 gal chocolate milk @ $2.69 - Free choc milk wyb 1 gal white milk IP (q automatically takes off $3.75, so $1.06 overage on this)
3.12 lb of bananas @ $.59/lb - (2) $.50/lb Target q
Lettuce @ $1.29
3.29 lb gala apples @ $1.69/lb - (3) $1/lb Target q
1 green bell pepper @ 2/$1
Deli sliced chicken (This is a treat for DH to motivate him to take his lunch to work!) $10.96
Huggies wipes (72 ct) $2.50 - $2 WG's q found in their Back 2 School coupon book (these are on sale through 8/23. Not a bad deal for a tub of wipes!!)
- $5 catalina
- $.15 bag credit (I didn't know Albies did this!)
Total = $16.09

Costco:
2 pack Alpine Valley bread
Total = $8.11 (I have got to take the time to make my own bread!!)

Budget for the week: $40 (I know I had overage from last week but we spent money on our trip for food so I'm going to just start over and not roll any overage) - $16.09 - $8.11 = $15.80 for the rest of the week.

No comments: