Thursday, July 30, 2009

15% off Walgreen's 7/31 ONLY and RR explanation


Walgreen's has a great coupon valid tomorrow 7/31 ONLY for 15% off eligible items and 20% off Walgreens and W brand products. Be sure to read the fine print for exclusions and it does say to use only at the photo or cosmetic check out. I'm planning on taking my color ink cartridge in to have it refilled. I usually can catch this when they're having a sale but haven't seen one in a while so I guess I'll have to fork out the $15- 15% discount = $12.75 to have it filled.

Speaking of ink cartridges, I have a little tip when you get your ink cartridges refilled. If they bring it back to you and say that the test failed, keep it and try it. Basically they test it after filling it and it has to perform well enough that they can sell it to you. If it fails, they give it back to you and do not charge you for it. I have found that a lot of times because they did fill it, it works well again in my printer. It may not last as long or give as good of a print, but hey, for what I'm using my printer for (mainly coupon printing) a FREE refill works for me!

Some other good deals that I see with this:

Tuf Ultra Trash bags
in-ad coupon for $2.99 (if I remember right, these are regular $5.99)
- 15%
Total = $2.54 Not the best deal, but I need these so I'll get a box and then look for a better deal in the meantime!

Conair Gel Grips Hair Dryer
on sale for $14.99
-15%
$12.74, Plus you will get $10 RR (Register Rewards)
Total after RR = $2.74

Now for an explanation of RR if you are not familiar with them. Basically at WG's they run weekly/monthly promotions where when you buy certain products you get a certain amount back in the form of a catalina, or the little strip of paper that prints out with your receipt. This RR is a manufacture coupon and states that it is redeemable at WG's and is for a dollar amount off your purchase (aka ONYSO). So basically you buy something and get a coupon that is like money to use on your next purchase. Unfortunately at WG's, your RR will not "roll" which means that if I had 2 blow dryers and paid $12.74 for the first one and used the $10 RR I got from the first to buy the 2nd, it would not print another $10 RR for me. You can, however, "roll" RR from different promotions. So, taking the example from before. If I used a RR that I received from buying, say shave cream, to pay for the hair dryer then I would get another RR print out. The real "trick" to the game is to keep these rolling between different promotions. You may also use coupons on a product that has a RR (if the RR doesn't print, don't let them tell you it is because you used a coupon!) CLEAR AS MUD??

No comments: