Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Safeway & CVS

We to CVS this morning trying to get in on the deals for the week. As can be expected, everything I wanted to buy was gone. Oh well, got rainchecks and will go back once I get a $4/$20 q. Met Kelsie there to show her the ropes a little. She's going to do great! :)

I did try to get the Vitamin water MM again but it didn't go so well this time. The $3 EB didn't print. When I pointed it out to the cashier that my receipt says "Buy Vitamin water, get $3 EB" she was confused and called the manager who called the 1-888-SHOP-CVS line and was told it was supposed to print $3 EB when you buy a 12 pack. This is definitely a YMMV though as there have been a lot of posters talking about getting this still.

1st transaction:
1 Vitamin water @ $1.25
2 Ragu sauce @ 2/$4 (go toward the Buy $10 get $3 EB)
- $5 EB
Total = $.25

2nd transaction
1 Vitamin water @ $1.25
Shredded wheat clearanced @ $.47
1 caramel @ $.33 (filler item)
- $2 EB
Total = $.05

The cashier ran my 2nd order through while the manager was on the phone. I may return the Vitamin water since I really don't need it and didn't do a good job of rolling my EB with this one!


Safeway:
Safeway brand Diet Sprite (we like this for marinades) @ $.37 with in ad coupon
Quaker granola bars @ $.99 with in ad coupon
2 cans pineapple @ $.77
2.24 lb bananas @ $.59/lb
3 Honey Bunches of Oats @ $.199 - (1) $2 IP from here (look on the bottom right, only lets you print one) and (2) $1 mq from SS 7/26
7.92 lb Bottom round roast @ $1.77/lb = $14.03
- $1 catalina
- $2 catalina
- $14.28 gift card from months ago when I transferred my prescription there
Total = $7.53 EXCEPT I noticed when I got home that they must have scanned one of my roast twice because it shows that I got 4 packages. I will take my receipt in to get my $3.91, so actual Total = $3.62, Plus I got a $2 catalina for buying 3 Honey Bunches. I also got a raincheck as they were out of the almond kind and will buy 5 @ 1.99 - (5) $1 mq = $4.95 and get back a $5 catalina!

Rollover budget $22 - $.25- $.05- $3.62 = $18.08

No comments: