Saturday, August 8, 2009

CVS & Kohl's

I ran to CVS this morning to finish up getting rainchecks for the week. I LOVE CVS rainchecks because they don't expire and I can wait until I have a good $/$$ coupon or some EB that need to be rolled. I picked up one for the Blink eye drops and the Electrasol and got a few other things. I also asked about my $3 Pampers coupons from my purchases this week. They were much nicer than the ornery cashier the other day and gave me $6 for them which I added to my $2.75 budget.

1 Ragu @ $2 (to finish up what I needed to get the $3 EB for buying $10 in Unilever products)
1 White cheddar popcorn @ $1 (have you tried it? It's delicious!)
2 Gold Emblem candies (stocking up for our upcoming road trip) @ $.99 ea
2 4-pack CVS brand AA batteries (BIGIF)
- $3.79 CRT for free batteries
- $3.79 BIGIF batteries weekly sale
- $1/2 Gold Emblem candy CRT
- $1 EB
Total = $3.07
+ I earned $3 EB for the Ragu

Remaining budget: $2.75 + $6 - $3.07 = $5.68 for the rest of the week which if unused I will roll over to next week.

Then I went over to Kohl's. There were some pants I saw last week that I wanted but didn't get. Armed with my $10/$20 peelie and 15% off email I found them and they were $4 cheaper than last week! I asked the cashier and she said if I brought my receipt in from last week they would give me the difference. Hmm... hopefully I'll be back in that area today! This also goes to show why you should keep your receipts.

1 pair of pants @ $19.99
1 shirt @ $4.99 (this was mainly to bring my total to $20 since I don't think Kohl's has many cheap fillers)
= $24.98
- $10
- 15% coupon
Total = $13.47

I was figuring it out too if I wanted to go back and get a few more shirts. I could get 5 shirts @ $4.99 for the same price! That's less than $3 a shirt!

2 comments:

Karen @ Desert Chica Ramblings said...

We just a kohls run too! I have found some decent fillers if you look around, particularly in the home section. I found napkin rins for $0.80 and granduation gift bags for $0.24 recently. I also like to snag baby/toddler clearance stuff, for about $2-ish.

Born2Save said...

Thanks! Good to know! I would have looked around some more if I wasn't hauling around the car seat and trying to keep the 2 yo close by (too lazy to get out the stroller for a quick run!). Ya know how that goes..... :)