Monday, August 3, 2009

My $40 Weekly Challenge!


Okay so this week starts my $40 weekly challenge! Yeah! I'm excited to get started and see how much i can really save. I have chosen $40 as our budget after looking at how much I usually spend at the grocery store as well as CVS and WG's. I am not going to include eating out in this budget, however, grocery and health/beauty/household items will be included. I'm definitely going to do my best to stay within this budget and may have to adjust it.

As we go throughout the week I'll keep track of how I'm doing with my purchases. Keep in mind that in our family there is me, my husband, our 2 yr old and 3 mo old. I have also built up our stockpile to have 3+ months worth of shampoo/conditioner, toilet paper, Kleenexes, diapers, wipes, razors, deodorant, body wash, toothbrush/toothpaste, dishwasher detergent, soap, laundry detergent, household cleaner, etc. Of course, this may not be the ideal number for everyone and should be adjusted should you choose to take on a challenge of your own.

Feel free to post any comments if you're taking on a challenge of your own. Good luck!

2 comments:

American Dreamer said...

Welcome to the World of AZ Blobbers. I do a Money Saving Challenge on my Blog!

Born2Save said...

Thanks for the welcome, Precious! I have been reading your blog for some time now and it inspires me to think about all the little things I can do to save money that really add up!