Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Contest!! Guess How Much I Spent?!?


Alright ladies and gents (yes, there are men out there who are as coupon crazy as we are) get ready for Born2Save's 1st contest! Today we are going to play "Guess How Much I Spent". Here's how you play. Look at the picture below and leave a comment guessing my total OOP for all these items (I will admit it's not my very BEST shopping trip as many of these items used to be free after coupons, like many of them were here. However, given that the price of food has risen 5%+, I would consider it a good deal!). Here's a list of the items in the picture:

25 jars Beech Nut stage 2 baby food
11 Hefty One Zip bags
2 Kraft Mayo w/ Olive oil
11 boxes fruit snacks
4 boxes Quaker granola bars
2 boxes Fiber One bars
1 box True Delights granola bars
3 Nature Valley granola bars
2 Quaker Fiber granola bars
5 Hamburger Helper
9 boxes Quaker Simple Harvest oatmeal
2 boxes Quaker breakfast cookies
1 king size Reese's

Want more than one chance to guess? Here's how you can earn up to 3 guesses:

1st guess- This one's free, consider it a present just for visiting my blog :)
2nd guess - Tell your friends/family about my blog by writing a post on your own blog and/or Facebook page
3rd guess- Become a follower of my blog (you get this 3rd guess if you already are)

Remember, each guess has to be a separate comment in order to count. The 2 people with the closest guess will win! (Yes, you can guess more than the amount - this isn't the Price is Right!)

What's the prize?
You will receive tokens and an order form to choose from the Kellogg's Movie Lovers Collection, shipped right to your home, completely FREE!

I know it's not quite like winning the lottery, but hey! It's FREE and it's FUN!

Contest will end Friday 9/4 at 8 pm PST so hurry, start guessing away! Good luck!!

14 comments:

Mallory said...

$7.58
-Mallory

Jen said...

Yay! I totally get 3 guesses.
I'm a follower and I posted about your blog a few weeks ago.
Plus I'm the 1st guesser- so I think I should get 4 guesses:)

1. $23.75
2. $17.75
3. $12.75

Ya it's a pretty wide range, I'm not too good at this, but hopefully I win!

Anonymous said...

I am guessing $10.75. Thanks - I love your blog. Carmen Goddard
c64g@yahoo.com

Chelsea and Randall said...

$15.67! I have no clue to be honest, but I tried this for the first time last night and I ran out of the store feeling like I was robbin the place. Thanks for your awesome site!!

The Rogers said...

$21.48

Unknown said...

$17.78! This is my lucky guess, thanks for all the updates. I think I am stocked for baby showers for the next 10 years. I am starting to like Target more and more because of your efforts and the site.

I will post on my blog, I am a fan too!

Anna said...

I'm going to guess 13 bucks.

... PS
Its easier to leave a comment without having to type in the word verification...

Sonnet Boulton said...

i am a friend of emily's, you two are ammazing!! thanks for sharing all of this! $9.73

Sonnet Boulton said...

Again, Emily's friend. My name is Sonnet - 2nd guess $7.28
my email is sonnetsariah@hotmail.com. my blog is private so if you want an invite just send me your email.

Sonnet Boulton said...

Sonnet's 3rd guess: $16.55

Jessica said...

thank Emily I love the help. my guess is $10

Jaymie and Donna Jones said...

I am guessing $20.00

Dugan said...

I love your site. I found it thru Sonnet on facebook. I will be sure to spread the word.
1st - $11.11
2nd- $9.99
I look forward to keeping up with this site. Thanks for all the insite.
Dugan Jackman
dugan101@gmail.com

bugaboo said...

I am guessing $8.32...love seeing all the pictures of the amazing deals makes me want to shop everyday!