Friday, September 4, 2009

My First Trip to Kmart!


So I have never really been a fan of Kmart, their prices seem to be much higher than the other stores I shop at and it's not super convenient to go there. But, thanks to Julie and my sister's persuasion I made a trip. Boy I'm glad I did! I was limited in my coupons though since I wasn't planning on going and was not very organized. (Good to see you Shannon!)

This week they are having Super Doubles up to $2, so basically any coupon up to $2 will double. They are the only store in AZ that I know of that does this, and it seems like they have been doing it more lately. As I said though, I haven't been before a lot having to do with hearing a lot that they are always out of everything unless you're there the first day of the sale. We seemed to do pretty well today though! I had to do several transactions though because I didn't want a leftover Kmart catalina since I don't make it there often.

1st transaction:
5 Secret spray deodorant @ 3.79 - (5) $2 mq doulbled to 3.79 (found in the Kmart savings book at customer service)
Total = $.81
++Plus I earned a $5 onyso catalina

2nd transaction:
12 tubs Huggie's wipes @ 2.99 - (12) $1.50 IP doubled to 2.99
1 large box Huggie's diapers @ 19.99 - $2 mq doubled to $4
2 Lifesavers @ 1.99 - (1) B1G1F mq - (1) $1 mq doubled to $1.99
- $5/$50 Kmart coupon
Total = $14.34

My last wipes q only doubled to $.29, not sure why and the way their system was set up it wouldn't let her subtract one of the tubs without taking off one of my qs that did double correctly...I didn't have time to really try to work it out so I just let it go. Also, it wouldn't let her use the $5 catalina from the previous transaction probably b/c I used the $5/$50.
++ I earned another $5 catalina for buying the Huggie's big box

3rd transaction:
1 package Huggie's diapers @ 9.99 - $2 mq doubled to $4
- $5 catalina from 1st transaction
Total = $1.23

4th transaction:
1 package Huggie's diapers @ 9.99 - $2 mq doubled to $4
2 tubs Huggie's wipes @ 2.99 - (2) $1.50 doubled to 2.99
- $5 catalina from 2nd transaction
Total = $1.47

Grand total spent = $17.85!

I don't usually buy the big boxes of diapers, but considering that it generated the $5 catalina so I was able to get the other diapers I decided to do it. For me, brand name diapers @ $5 or less is a 5 star price and with the way things worked out I got the equivalent of 5 jumbo packs of diapers for about $3.20 each!

Sale ends tomorrow, and the $5 catalina on the big box of Huggie's IS rolling!

3 comments:

Sara N Charles said...

Ok, are the hugggies wipes cpns, the ones we should have printed last week? Or is there a placve we can still print them? I personally love the trips to kmart. WHen I have time, I usually walk the store first, see what is on sald and then go through the cpns. I have gotten some great deals. Also, which one did you go to? Lindsay and main, or Power?

Sara N Charles said...

Ok, where can I get the huggies wipes cpn. Are these the ones last week? Can I get them sometwhere still? Did you go to Lindsay or Power?
I love the kmart deals. I have done really great there before.

Born2Save said...

Hi Sara,

Yes, the Huggie's q is the one from coupons.com and looks like it is unfortunately not available any more. I've done that way too many times that I wait to print the coupon then it's not available! :(

I went to the store on Power. Glad you've had success with Kmart, I wish I had more time yesterday and was better organized.

Good Luck!!