Thursday, July 23, 2009

Welcome to Born 2 Save!!

For me, saving money has always been a part of my life. I remember my mom taking me and my 4 siblings shopping. It just became habit for us to head straight for the Clearance rack. I learned at an early age my favorite 4 letter word - SALE! If I was given $100 to buy clothes for school I knew that I could get 2 items at $50 each, 5 items at $20 each or 10 items at $10 each and learned to look for the best deal. I really never felt deprived shopping that way as I always had what I needed and got a rush out of seeing how good of a deal I could get. I realized at that time that I could buy things that I needed without paying full price. I have since learned to stock up on things when I could get them cheap or free.

I also remember looking through the Sunday coupon inserts and almost laugh to myself. I would see a coupon that was for $.35 off and thought how dumb it was since even with the coupon that product would be way too expensive to buy. It wasn't until after I was married that I really learned to use coupons and maximize them. Now I take that $.35 coupon and laugh to myself as I watch my savings grow!

"Couponing" is something that is now a part of my every day life. It has become, well, somewhat of an obsession!

For me, using coupons has created:

-Simplicity by allowing me to create a stockpile so that I don’t have to make emergency last minute trips to the store or pay full price for things.

- A sense of satisfaction at saving so much money, which we all can use a little more of right now! Whether it is making ends meet, paying off a debt, or saving for the future- each one of us can benefit from saving money on every day items.

- Food storage. It has also allowed me to build my food storage which creates peace of mind. In fact, my goal with this blog is not only to track my savings and post about deals but also to incorporate a food storage/preparation aspect as that is a part of what saving is all about - being prepared for things to come!

- Try new things. My family and I have been able to try new things that I otherwise would not "buy" if I did not use coupons.

- The blessing of being able to share my extra with others without taking away from my own family.

Here are some previous deals to get you excited and inspired :)

Baby food - just under $3

37 boxes of cereal on sale for $1 - 37 $1 coupons = FREE CEREAL! (Most of this was donated)

My first CVS shopping experience - just under $20! I've been an addict ever since!

Keep checking back as I post more deals and follow me as I start the $40 weekly challenge in August!

2 comments:

CrzyJess said...

Where do you get all of your coupons from? I am one of Jen's friends and saw her post about your blog!

Born2Save said...

Welcome CrzyJess!

I just posted a blog about where to get coupons. HTH!