Thursday, September 3, 2009

Target, Yet Again!


I just can't seem to keep away from Target lately! I went to a Target that I don't normally go to and was lucky to find most of what I was looking for. The only problem with doing this is that you don't know the cashiers and which ones are coupon friendly! My cashier was sweet, but didn't really know what she was doing. I thought my total was high since I was expecting more overage and even had a Target g.c. in my hand to have her put some $$ on in case I went into the negative. Ends up now that I'm home and looking at my receipt she didn't even scan at least 10 of my Target coupons. I wasn't paying too close attention since my 2 yr old was hanging on to my neck and I was late for a meeting.

1 Johnson baby lotion @ 2.19 - $1 Target q - $1 mq
7 Buddie's bars @ .97 - (7) $1 Target q
4 Boost Kid Essentials @ 7.99 - (4) $5 IP and $2 Target q
3 Glade candle holders @ 1.67 - (2) $2 mq and (1) $2.50 mq
4 Glade refill cadles @ 2.50 - (3) buy candle holder get refills free mq and (1) B2G1F mq
4 All travel size @ 1.02 - (4) $1 mq
5 Tide travel size @ .97 - (5) $1 mq
18 Skittles @ .52 - (9) $1 Target q (she would only take 1 q per 2 Skittles)
13 GM cereal cups @ $1 - (13) $1 Target q (I'm almost to my goal of 40)
Tic Tacs @ 1.02
2 Dry dog food @ $4.29 - (2) $3 mq (she missed scanning one of my coupons) and (2) 1.50 Target q
8 cans dog food @ .84 - (4) B1G1F mq and (4) B1G1F Target q

Total = $6.76 ($2.29 was tax, saved $103.87!)

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hey, sorry. I am a total blog stalker :) I am happy to find other couponers in AZ so I can get help with local deals. I wanted to let you know about a fabulous deal I found at Kmart. Secret Deodorant and Diapers both for less than $2.50! I have the details on my blog. I love Target too. I totally scored the other day!

Born2Save said...

Julie,

Glad to help! Great job on your deals, I may just have to go to Kmart!!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to know if you got all of your cerals and skittles in 1 transaction? and how you goot so many? also which targets do you go to? thanks

Born2Save said...

Hi!

I have been getting all the cereal and Skittles in 1 transaction, and the number that you can get really depends on your cashier. The Target q does state "one per transaction" so before the cashier starts scanning my items I tell her I have more than one item with a Target q and ask if she would like me to split it into different transactions. I have never had a cashier make me do that.

The time she didn't want to take the q's b/c it would make them free and asked a supervisor who took the coupons then came back and said that they would take them but that I could only do 5 at a time and that I would have to do separate transactions. I said that I had asked if I needed to split it up before starting. The cashier just did them all at once (although maybe it would have been better to have her split them up since she didn't scan all my q's).

As far as which store I go to, I have at least 5 stores between my house and work so I stop randomly at each one.

HTH!