Thursday, July 30, 2009

Where do I get my coupons?

This is one of the first questions I get asked. After all, it's great to know how to use coupons, but if you don't have 'em, ya ain't gonna use 'em!

So, let's talk about where to get coupons. There are several resources for coupons. Some are easier to come across than others, but here's the basic low down (straight from my handout for when I teach classes):

- Sunday newspaper. Get a subscription to the Sunday paper, and ask family, friends, neighbors and co-workers who don’t use coupons to save their inserts for you. I would recommend the Arizona Republic’s deal for $1/week if you only want the Saturday and Sunday paper (there are subscriptions available for multiple papers also). The most common coupon inserts you can expect in your paper are: Smart Source (SS), Red Plum (RP), and P&G. The P&G insert usually comes out once a month. (The Sunday before a holiday usually does not have any inserts)

- Other newspapers


- Online

  • Coupons.com
  • Smartsource.com
  • Redplum.com
  • Bettycrocker.com
  • Couponbug.com
  • Kraftfoods.com
  • Shortcuts.com and Cellfire.com (Load coupons onto your grocery store card, comes off instantly at the register)
  • Mommy Saves Big Awesome site for retail store coupons. I always check this before I go shopping!
  • Krazy Coupon Lady This is a website that I just found and LOVE! She has put together all these IPs that are so useful! Coupons are listed in alphabetical order so it is so easy to find what you are looking for.
  • Target.com or Target Coupon Generator (I prefer the latter). Did you know Target regularly has their own coupons? Pair them with a manufacture coupon for an even better deal! Read about that here. You can even print these from the gift registry computers inside the store. Scroll down to Grocery coupons then choose the ones you want to print right there in the store.
  • Gerber.com (Sign up to get formula coupons)
  • Pampers.com (Sign up and often they send you diaper coupons)
  • Huggies.com (Sign up and often they send you diaper coupons)
  • Enfamil.com (Sign up to receive formula coupons)
  • Similac.com (Sign up to have coupons sent to you) Even if you don't use these formula coupons there are moms who are ALWAYS looking for these! They can be given away or even traded for coupons you need.
  • If there is a certain item that you prefer, look up the website. Often times they will have coupon offers on there.

- Stores. Sign up for the store’s savings card and they sometimes send coupons to your home. Most stores also have little coupon machines in the isles. Called “blinkies” for the little blinking light, you can often find some valuable coupons there.

- Ebay. You can buy coupons in large numbers for very little money. See post here and here for example

- All You magazine. Found only at WalMart for $2.24, it is a monthly magazine that has a lot of coupons. I posted about it here


So does that answer some questions?? Please let me know if you still have questions. BTW, I'm thinking of hosting a coupon class at my house on a Saturday. How many of you would be interested in that?

3 comments:

CrzyJess said...

Thank you for all of this helpful info! I am excited to get started. =)

Born2Save said...

Your welcome! Let me know if you have questions along the way.

Kay said...

I'm totally a fan! Thanks for the info, I'm totally a mom in need!!