Thursday, July 30, 2009

Trip to the mall!

I loaded up the kids this morning and made a trip to the mall. I was looking for a necklace for my sister's wedding. Well, needless to say I didn't find a necklace but did find some other great deals! I love to buy clothes for my kids the year before they will fit into them and for whatever reason, the Big Guy thinks that summer is over and has ordered that summer apparel be put on Clearance. Fine with me! I'll stock up for next summer! Before I left I checked for coupons at Mommy Saves Big


Here's the breakdown:

JcPenney's:
6 rompers
2 Carter's onesies
pair of swim trunks
2 shirts
1 pair of shorts

I printed off this coupon to take with me for 15% off. What I didn't realize is that it is not good on Clearance merchandise. However, the nice cashier gave me 15% off so that I would not have to run home to get a previous receipt then come back to get the discount. Each JCP receipt has a website on the back that you can go to within 7 days and get a code for 15% off your next purchase, including clearance.
Total = $30.19, saved $97.99!!

Children's Place

1 button down dress shirt
1 pair shorts
3 pk bodysuits

Used 15% off coupon from here.

Total = $10.08

When I was in line at the Children's Place I overheard the lady ahead of me say she had a coupon at home. The cashier said she would have to come back with it to get the discount. I let her use my coupon since it says it is for multiple purchases. She was very grateful and gave me a 30% off Friends & Family coupon for GAP, Old Navy, and Banana Republic this weekend. I had just bought some sandals at the GAP, so I took them back and used the coupon (and picked up a couple shirts for me since I had it!)

GAP

Size 5 brown leather sandals
2 shirts for me

Total = $8.04

No comments: