Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I Have to Apologize.....

...for my absence in posting lately!! I have to admit that everything just caught up with me and between my family, work, husband being in school, church duties, garage sale, potty training, and keeping up with my house I just had to let something go and it has been my blog. So, I apologize for not having posted. I haven't been doing a ton of shopping lately, but I did have RR that I needed to try and roll, so here is what I did yesterday before work (the WG's by my work is awesome and is 24 hr so I can pop in there early in the morning before work). I did about 7 transactions but here is a general breakdown of what I got:


2 Crest toothpaste (with travel size toothpaste) 2/$4 - (2) $1 mq, got $2 RR = FREE
Hydrogen peroxide $.29 (filler)
5 caramels $.33 (fillers....I did plan well enough for the coupon to item ratio so I had to throw these in the use my RR. If I planned better I would have been able to get more hydrogen peroxide or cute cheap Halloween things they have this week.....oh well!)
2 Scope mouthwash 2/$7 - (2) $.75 mq, got $4 RR = $.75 each
5 Robitussin $2.49 - $2 IP, got $2.50 RR = $2.01 MM!
2 Trident layers gum 2/$2 - (2) $.75 IP, got $1 RR = $.50 MM!
5 Gillette razors (this is all my husband uses!) $8.99 - $4 mq, got $6 RR each = $1.01 MM each!
2 Quaker granola bars and 2 Quaker oatmeal 2/$5 - (2) $1/2 mq, got $5 RR = 4/$3
8 Ragu pasta sauce $1.66 - (8) $.50 mq, got back $8 RR = $.16 each (not pictured)
5 Oral B 1-2-3 toothbrushes $3.79 - (5) $1 mq. ** I goofed here because I read somewhere that these were a monthly RR and I realized on the first transaction when the RR didn't print that it was a last week thing. It would have messed me up using my RR if I put them back. I may return them though since it kills me that I pretty much paid full price!**

All in all I spent $62 RR and $13.xx OOP got back $64 RR and a whole lot of things my family will use or can sell at our next garage sale.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

good job Jen, it's good to see you back! We sure missed your inspiration to stock up.

American Dreamer said...

WooHoo Jen! What a fantastic score!

Amber said...

Hey Jenny Penny,

That's a nice name - Jenny's Penny Saver. Anyways, I am so impressed by your skills of saving money. I figured I would go straight to the expert to help me get started. We live in this little podunk town that only has an Albertsons. 20 minutes away is a Target, that I go to when I have a doctors appointment or other errands to run. Any good tips to help me save a few bucks?

thatsagiven@blogspot.com
tgiven@hotmail.com

The Ray Family said...

Where have you been? You never seem to post anymore and I'm always looking for you to tell me the good deals :) Come on us non coupon people NEED you!